Glass Related Operations Level 3
This qualification is aimed at individuals wishing to gain in depth knowledge of the requirements of working safely and effectively in a glass related working environment.
Establishing in depth underpinning knowledge and understanding relevant to the Glass Industry, this qualification is intended to be capable of delivery through both a taught programme of off-the-job learning or through workplace assessment (for those with access to the real workplace).
Along with a number of generic glass industry units the group of optional units ensures there is a specific unit to cover the individual occupational roles in the glass industry.
A further qualification in Glass Related Operations at Level 2 is also available.
QCF qualifications are made up of a number of units that have a credit value or credits.
These credits must be achieved in the correct combination from mandatory and optional units: this qualification has 4 mandatory units, with a total credit value of 19 credits, and a group of optional units. Candidates should achieve all 4 mandatory units, plus a minimum of 4 credits from the group of optional units. This makes the minimum credit value of the qualification 23 credits.
The units are made up of the things you need to know and the things you need to be able to do to carry out your job safely and correctly. These are called Learning Outcomes, and all must be met to achieve the unit.
Mandatory Units (all units to be taken)
- GRO1 Know how to Promote and Maintain Health and Safety in the Glass Related Working Environment (Level 3, 6 credits)
- GRO2 Know how to Contribute to Improving the Effectiveness of the Glass Related Organisation (Level 3, 5 credits)
- GRO3 Know how to Accept Delivery Of, Handle, Position and Store Glass Related Products and Materials (Level 2, 4 credits)
- GRO4 Know how to Monitor and Check Quality against Glass Related Specifications (Level 3, 4 credits)
Optional Units (a minimum of 4 credits must be achieved)
- GCM2 Knowledge of the Glass Container Manufacturing Process (Level 3,13 Credits)
- GR018 Know how to Set up and Monitor Equipment in a Glass or Glass Related Working Environment (Level 3, 5 Credits)
- AG15 Understanding Automotive Glazing Products (Level 3, 5 Credits)
- FIS1 Understanding the Building regulations in the Fenestration Industry (Level 3, 3 Credits)
- GR016 Knowledge of Glass Cutting in a range of Glass Types (Level 3,4 Credits)
- GRO17 Know how to Produce Specifications for Windows and Doors or Conservatories and Evaluate their Effectiveness (Level 3, 6 Credits)
- CW5 Knowledge of Curtain Walling Systems (Level 2,3 Credits)
Apprenticeship Pathway (3 Credits to be achieved for those undertaking this qualification as part of Proskills Apprenticeship)
- ERR1 Employment rights and responibilities in the processing and manufacturing industries (Level 2, 3 Credits)