Glass Related Operations Level 2
This qualification is aimed at individuals wishing to gain knowledge of the basic requirements of working safely and effectively in a glass related working environment.
Establishing underpinning knowledge and understanding relevant to the Glass Industry, this qualification is intended to be capable of delivery through both a taught programme of off the-job learning or through workplace assessment (for those with access to the real workplace).
Along with a number of generic glass industry units the group of optional units ensures there is a specific unit to cover the individual occupational roles in the glass industry.
A further qualification in Glass Related Operations at Level 3 is also available.
QCF qualifications are made up of a number of units that have a credit value or credits.
These credits must be achieved in the correct combination from mandatory and optional units: this qualification has 4 mandatory units, which have a value of 10 credits and a group of optional units. Candidates should achieve all 4 mandatory units, plus a minimum of 3 credits from the group of optional units. This makes the minimum credit value of the qualification 13 credits.
The units are made up of the things you need to know and the things you need to be able to do to carry out your job safely and correctly. These are called Learning Outcomes, and all must be met to achieve the unit.
Mandatory Units (all units to be taken)
- GRO12 Understanding Health and Safety in the Glass or Glass Related Industry (Level 2, 3 credits)
- GRO13 Know how to Contribute to the Effectiveness of the Glass Related Organisation (Level 2, 4 credits)
- GRO14 Know how to Accept Delivery Of, Handle, Position and Store Glass Related Products and Materials (Level 2, 1 credit)
- GRO15 Know how to carry out Quality Checks of Glass Related Products and Materials (Level 2, 2 credits)
Optional Units (a minimum of 3 credits to be taken)
- GR05 Know how to Operate Glass Manufacturing Equipment (Level 2, 6 Credits)
- GR06 Know how to Operate Glass Processing Equipment (Level 2, 5 Credits)
- GR07 Know how to Operate Equipment for Fabricating Glass Supporting Systems (Level 2, 5 Credits)
- GR08 Know how to Install and Repair Fixed Glass Components in Vehicles (Level 2, 4 Credits)
- GR09 Know how to Install Glass into Glazing Installation (Level 2, 5 Credits)
- GRO10 Know how to Shape Glass for Glazing Installation (Level 2, 4 Credits)
- GRO11 Know how to Install Glass Supporting Frames (Level 2,5 Credits)
- GRO19 Knowledge of the Fascia, Soffit and Bargeboard Removal and Installation Process (Level 2, 4 Credits)
- CW5 Knowledge of Curtain Walling Systems (Level 2,3 Credits)
- PV2 Knowledge of Photovoltaic Systems (Level 3, 6 Credits)
- ERR1 Employment rights and responsibilities in the processing and manufacturing industries (Level 2, 3 Credits)